The 美国的荣誉 Program helps students earn bachelor’s degrees from great schools.
美国的荣誉 is for high achieving, academically motivated students who attend and graduate from Union College and then transfer to a four-year institution. Students who are accepted into the 美国的荣誉 program will have access to small class sizes under 20 students, classes taught by full-time faculty members, professional academic advising, 转移的支持, admission to numerous seminars and workshops, and access to the Honors lounge!
- 2 years in the Honors Program at Union College
- 2 years at a top college or university
Honors classes are small, seminar style classes that promote student engagement. 类 are limited to 20 students and are taught by the College’s most distinguished faculty. Honors classes focus on a learner centered pedagogy, enhancing critical thinking and inquiry.
Honors students have a dedicated academic specialist who provides personalized advisement and helps support their success. The academic specialist guides their students with registration through graduation, 校园资源, 和转让.
The Honors Lounge serves as the center of the Honors program. Students meet here for study sessions, game nights, meetings, and events. 研讨会, 社交活动, 校友转学小组, and faculty meet and greets are just a few ways that students can build relationships with faculty and peers.
- If you are a first-time college student, a 3.0 high school GPA will be reviewed
- If you are a first-time college student, previous Honors, AP, or IB courses are recommended
- If you are transferring from another institution, your transferring GPA and high school GPA will be reviewed
- If you are a current Union College student, your current GPA will be reviewed
- Test out of developmental courses
- Plan on graduating from Union College
- Plan on transferring to a 4-year institution after graduation
- Take Honors course at the Cranford campus
- Are not in Nursing, Certificate, or A.A.S. 学位课程
- These program requirements interfere with Honors course requirements
Honors Program Application Process
充分考虑, apply by August 15th for the Fall semester or by December 15th for the Spring semester.
While completing the application to attend Union College, make sure you answer “Yes” to the question asking if you are interested in the 美国的荣誉 program.
After you complete the main Union College Application, you will automatically be provided access to apply for the supplemental 美国的荣誉 application.
步骤2. How to Complete the 美国的荣誉 Supplemental Application
- Access the Apply to Union website
- On the My Account Page click under Application/Decision Click “View”
- On the Application Page click “Supplemental Items & 文件”
- 关于“补充条款” & Documents Page” Page Click “Start”
Our program strives to recruit the best and brightest students. Your story and strong academic background are crucial aspects we use to evaluate your application.
The admissions process consists of submitting a completed application, 所有学历成绩单, 考试成绩, and possible interview in which the 招生 Committee will then consider all aspects in a timely matter before the admissions decision is relayed to the applicant. This process could take up to several weeks and we appreciate your patience.
“The 美国的荣誉 program provided me with an environment to grow as a student and a person!”约旦
美国的荣誉 Council President
Academic Learning Center Tutor
“The 美国的荣誉 program helped me greatly when it came to the transition from high school to college. College can be a stressful experience, but because of 美国的荣誉 and the amazing advisors, 我喜欢在这里学习.”米利暗
“美国的荣誉 is a community full of motivated individuals that push you to succeed.”杰夫
Phi Theta Kappa会长
Vice President of 业务 Association